Why Madeira Islands?
Madeira and Porto Santo islands are internationally recognized thanks to the awards they have received over the years.
Here are some of these achievements:
- Award “World’s Leading Island Destination” by the World Travel Awards at 2015, 2016 and 2017;
- New year’s eve’s fireworks, from 2007 to 2008, on the Guinness World Records;
- Humanity Natural World Heritage by UNESCO, since 1999, due to the Laurissilva forest;
- Desertas Islands are European Protected Island, since 1995
- Municipality of Santana is a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO, since 2011